Website Alta-1 College
East Metro – Belmont Campus
Full Time – Fixed Term Contract
About Alta-1 College: Transforming communities through justice, knowledge, recovery and hope. Alta-1 College WA is an independent Christian, co-educational, CARE (Curriculum and Reengagement in Education) School of 800 students located in various locations across the state.
As a College, we intentionally work with disengaged and disadvantaged young people who are considered educationally, behaviourally and socio-emotionally at-risk.
Alta-1 College is committed to providing a child-safe environment which safe-guards all students and is committed to promoting practices which provides safety, wellbeing and welfare of our children and young people.
Do you have a heart for young people? Would you like the opportunity to help improve the lives of disadvantaged and disengaged teenagers?
We are looking for a passionate Education Assistant with relevant experience to join a large dynamic team of educators and support staff. The successful applicant will be responsible for assisting the teacher in the delivery of the best possible education and duty of care for each student in the light of the values and objectives of Alta-1 College.
- Assisting the Campus Teacher and the Learning Support Teacher
- Working with individuals and small groups of students to implement tailored strategies under the guidance of the Learning Support Teacher and Campus Teacher
- Extra-curricular involvement
Essential requirements to be considered for the role:
- To be a practicing Christian with regular church attendance, who is enthusiastic and passionate about helping young people
- Meet the requirements of a Working with Children’s Check and Nationally Coordinated Criminal History Check
- Hold a minimum Certificate III in Education Assistant Education Support, or equivalent qualification or experience.
- Ability to determine and scaffold / accommodate and / or modify set tasks to tailor according to individual student needs
- Demonstrate a high level of professionalism, confidentiality, interpersonal and organisational skills
For more information regarding the function and requirements of this role, please refer to the Job Description located on our website, linked below.
Benefits of working for Alta-1 College:
- Attractive Salary Packaging options available
- Opportunities for career progression
- Professional development
- A fun and friendly Christian working environment
To Apply: If you can see yourself becoming a member of the Alta-1 team and succeeding in this role then please apply. To be considered, an application must include:
- a document addressing the entire selection criteria,
- a current resume,
- and a currently dated Pastoral Reference from your church pastor.
Incomplete applications will not be considered for shortlisting.
The Selection Criteria can be located in our Job Description, located on our website at: https://www.alta-1.com.au/employment/
All applications must be submitted via e-mail to email@example.com addressed to the East Metro Regional Principal, Darryl Baker.
Application closing date is Sunday, 12th September, 2021.
Alta-1 encourages you to apply for this vacancy as soon as possible and reserves the right to close this vacancy without notice.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.