Website Alta-1 College
Alta-1 College WA
East Metro, Belmont Senior
Full time, 1.0 FTE
Commences as soon as possible
About Alta-1 College
Alta-1 College WA is an independent Christian, co-educational, CARE (Curriculum and Reengagement in Education) School of 800 students located in various locations across the state. The College was started in Western Australia in 2004 and has since expanded to Queensland in 2015. We function as a multi-campus school, with nearly all Alta-1 Campuses deliberately utilising the premises of an existing church community. As a College, we intentionally work with disengaged and disadvantaged young people who are considered educationally, behaviourally and socio-emotionally at-risk. The students we see are between 12 and 18 years of age and are provided a pathway to complete their secondary education.
Recognising that young people learn best when they feel connected and safe, Alta-1 delivers education in a small school environment while also delivering a well-developed therapeutic recovery model. This unique model provides an environment of belonging for the students encouraging them to acknowledge, confront and resolve negativity while engaging in a journey of healing, restoration, identity formation and purpose finding.
Alta-1 College is committed to providing a child-safe environment which safe-guards all students and is committed to promoting practices which provides safety, wellbeing and welfare of our children and young people.
Do you have a heart for young people? Would you like the opportunity to help improve the lives of disadvantaged and disengaged teenagers?
This is an outstanding opportunity for a passionate and talented Chaplain with relevant experience to join a large, dynamic team of educators and support staff. If you have a heart for at-risk young people and hope to make a difference in the lives of students, then we would love to hear from you! The primary role of an Alta-1 Chaplain is to support the campus teacher by assisting students in personal and spiritual domains, and act as a link to the church and community. This position will report directly to the Campus Teacher.
- Working with a small group of students
- Working pastorally with individual male students
- Extra-curricular involvement
- Assisting the campus teacher
Essential requirements to be considered for the role
- To be a practicing Christian, regularly attending church and maintaining a Christian lifestyle
- Passionate and enthusiastic about helping young people
- The capacity to work collaboratively in a team environment
- To have successfully completed the following two mandatory units or be willing to complete on commencement of employment:
- Work with people with mental health issues (CHCMHS001)
- Respond to client needs which includes making appropriate referrals (CHCCCS016)
- To have a current Working with Children Check and a Nationally Coordinated Criminal History Check, or the ability to obtain these.
For more information regarding the function and requirements of this role, please refer to the job description located on our website at: https://www.alta-1.com.au/employment/
Benefits of working for Alta-1 College
- Access to generous Salary Packaging options
- Professional development opportunities
- Opportunity for career progression
- Working within a fun and friendly Christian environment
How to apply
If you can see yourself becoming a member of the Alta-1 team and succeeding in this role then please apply.
To be considered, all applications must include:
- cover letter
- separate document addressing the selection criteria
- current resume
- written reference from your pastor or a statement of faith
You can locate the selection criteria in the job description located on our website at: https://www.alta-1.com.au/employment/
Please submit applications or queries regarding this role via email to email@example.com addressed to the Regional Principal East Metro, Darryl Baker.
Application closing date is Wednesday 27th July.
Alta-1 encourages you to apply for this position as soon as possible and reserves the right to close this vacancy without notice.
CHANGING LIVES ONE AT A TIME
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.