International Christian School, Hong Kong
You will be joining a team of Christian professionals who will look for your passion to organize, set and prioritize goals, and your current expertise to contribute by providing key guidance and administrative support related to secondary school orientation programs, course scheduling, academic advisory, maintaining student academic records, and supporting student learning as it aligns with responsibilities.
- Develop a deep understanding of PowerSchool and scheduling needs to inform decision-making and propose potential solutions for secondary scheduling.
- Coordinate and communicate course advisory, selection, and enrollment systems, procedures, and documents.
- Develop the secondary school timetables including the master schedule, exam schedules and adjusted schedules.
- Orient new students and parents to the school in terms of course advisory, selection, and scheduling, credit transfer and graduation requirements.
- Facilitate systems for monitoring and supporting the academic progress of secondary school students, including flagging student learning needs; analyzing and coordinating flagging reports, and coordinating and making recommendations to support progress towards graduation.
- Develop and implement systems for academic advising; provide individualized academic advisory for targeted students.
- Support, generate, and verify transcripts.
- Facilitate secondary reporting procedures.
- A bachelor degree in Education preferred, or bachelor degree in any related disciplines with PGCE/PGDE or equivalent awarded by an accredited university.
- Strong passion and commitment to Christian education, with a positive attitude and a growth mindset.
- Experience in teaching at secondary school levels in a K-12 school.
- A high level of skills and interests in learning and using technology tools for role success and fulfillment.
- Experience in student academic records, working with PowerSchool or similar in an international school setting is highly desirable.
- High levels of personal accountability, organizational skills, and attentiveness to details.
- Strong negotiation and influencing skills, while balancing multiple parties’ interests and maintaining openness for feedback.
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality of the office and student information is imperative.